[Magdalen] Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Dec 23 15:05:01 UTC 2014

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>When I was cleaning out my family home in NW Wisconsin in 1998
>after my mother died at 98, I came upon a birthday card that had

When finally going through all my mother's cartons when we moved, I came across
envelopes of the Christmas cards my grandparents received in 1929, 1930 and
1931. I know they moved at the end of the year those years, so knowing my
grandmother, she put the cards in the envelopes each year intending to update
her Christmas Card list, but never got "a round tut."

As they saved Christmas wrapping for re-use (heaven help my sisters or myself if
we tore the paper on a present!) they also saved the From/To tags. at the bottom
of the Christmas Tree Ornament box are dozens of these from/to from relatives
who are long dead.

Cheers,
Jim