[Magdalen] Music memories

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 18:33:06 UTC 2014

I remember rehearsing that piece a short time after the towers fell, and
having to leave the rehearsal because the words were so powerful, the image
of all those souls in the hands of God was overwhelming.
The New York Philharmonic chose the Brahms Requiem as a memorial for the
dead. No other piece could have even come close, as it turns out.

Someone who was there said that they had never heard anything quite like
it.  The hall was absolutely still, save for a few sobs.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente