[Magdalen] Music memories

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 23 16:38:50 UTC 2014

David,

Did you use by any chance the text Jesu Dulcis Memoria for the Jesu Joy? A
number of classic Lutheran composer have used Latin texts beyond the
classic ordinary and Vesper texts. I am thinking of Buxtehude's Cantata
Membra Jesu about the 5 Wounds of Jesus (something that was Pietistic but
not that far removed from Catholic spirituality of the time

Joe Cirou