[Magdalen] Music memories

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 00:31:05 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/24/2014 6:51:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

I've  been to at least three of the Birminghams I listed, and I can assure
you
that the Pennsylvania and Michigan versions have strange accents Though
Michiganders might beg to differ in the latter case  <g>)..>>>>

In my experience, Pennsylvania has accents, as everywhere else,
but they are not so well defined as those in neighboring New Jersey.

There is the local "coalcracker" accent of NE Pennsylvania and  another
just to the north in the "northern tier" counties (same as southern tier  of
New York State; then Philadelphia, especially the south Philly  accent.
Finally, there is the Pittsburgh Western PA accent that was so  distinctive
in the many airline flight crews when Pittsburgh used to be a hub for
US Airways.

I'm sure there are others

Care to share your experiences and knowledge of this subject?

David Strang - with an accent chronicled in the movie and series,  "Fargo".