[Magdalen] Happy Christmas!

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 25 18:14:47 UTC 2014

Well, to my surprise, the pastor served the Divine Liturgy of St. Basil. It
is about 10 minutes longer than St. John Chrysostom.

I walked into church, and there was no chanter.

So I got vested and was joined by the Arabic chanter.

Our voices match well, so we had some good two part harmony.

So much for a day off from  musical responsibility.

When you can't find the Melkite Hymnal it is always good to have someone
who  knows the Arabic chant from childhood.

Listening to Morehouse/Spelman Christmas program. (The organist was my
table companion at one of our centennial events)

Joe