[Magdalen] 30 Years of Sobriety.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 22:22:45 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/26/2014 3:27:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

Both my  S/O's parents died as a direct result of drinking. My late ex, I
fully  believe, died of a combination of drinking and smoking. My son, if he
is  not stopped somehow, seems likely to die from drinking. I am hoping  an
intervention can be managed.>>>>

There was a study reported in the New England Journal of Medicine  some
years ago that showed that most unrepentant alcoholics die of smoking
related problems, and not alcohol

Not to downplay the problems from alcohol, but it appears that smoking is  a
much worse national health problem.

My younger brother, Paul, also died from the deadly duo of alcohol  and
cigarettes.

David Strang.