[Magdalen] Religion Without God?

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 03:20:07 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the UUs behaved as if they DID believe in God, I would have more respect
> for them. In recent years, however, many of them dance all around the
> subject and refuse to discuss or admit it at all. God is, apparently,
> optional.

​I guess I am outclassed here, since I am not a UU, and hardly an expert,
whereas you obviously know all there is to know about them.

In looking over the web site one thing is missing: the expectation that all
of their beliefs will be vetted first by Anglicans to assure that they are
really correct.  Their view of things varies considerably from
Christianity.  A biggie is their refusal to dictate stuff. It is actually
one of their principles that every person has to find one's own truth for
oneself.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente​