[Magdalen] news from home

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 19:03:23 UTC 2014

Ugh. Deer.

I was driving a friend down from south-central New Hampshire
yesterday (we passed the barns of the UNH ag school and I
remembered the milk & ice cream we used to buy there). The
sun had just set, and in the dark at the side of the road,
I just barely saw a deer, the biggest damn doe I've ever seen.

As she stepped into the road, I slammed on the brake and
steered just a bit to the right and actually passed behind her.
Thank God she didn't spring back, but kept running across
the road.

Annie babbled about my well-honed driving skills for the next ten
minutes straight. I hardly listened, since most of my brain was occupied
thanking God we hadn't died in a ditch beside Route 4.
-M