[Magdalen] Religion Without God?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Dec 29 22:59:29 UTC 2014

From: Jon Egger

>What Russ+ does is bring communion to the pew for the regulars who have
>step problems.  Any new people, in a chair or with a cane...I ask them if
>we may bring communion to them.  It's always comforting to such visitors to
>know they don't have to deal with our steps.

First, sometime during the administration, or last as in the differently abled
are an afterthought?

If there's an assistant or Deacon, it might be appropriate to bring the
communion down while others are doing the steps.

An even better idea is to remove the first 2-3 rows of pews and set up a table
altar with no steps and no ramp necessary. Rare is the TEC parish where every
seat is needed and filled every Sunday.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie