[Magdalen] Church layouts, was Re: Religion Without God

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 02:40:31 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/30/2014 9:02:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

I  love what you have written of the crucifix>>>>

When I was a communicant of Christ Church Cathedral, Eau Claire,
I found an antique crucifix that was the same size as the bare altar
cross, and the Cathedral was happy to have it to use during
Lent.

Later, I was making what was then a yearly visit to Germany, and
purchased a large, carved-wooden almost life sized crucifix which
the Dean had wanted for a "pulpit cross".  I think I've  mentioned
the shocked Minneapolis Customs House personnel when I walked
through the building carrying the cross over my shoulder.

In any case, on both occasions, the same family went into orbit
because "the crucifix is (Roman) Catholic.  They shouldn't be
in Episcopal churches".

On both occasions, the Cathedral Dean was able to silence them
with "Christ died for all, not just for Roman Catholics.  Live with  it."

David S.