[Magdalen] Church layouts, was Re: Religion Without God

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 03:56:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> In any case, on both occasions, the same family went into orbit
> because "the crucifix is (Roman) Catholic.  They shouldn't be
> in Episcopal churches".

One characteristic Anglo-Catholic thing we don't seem to have in our
church is a crucifix on the wall (or pillar, or whatever) behind the
pulpit. "We preach Christ crucified." But perhaps that's because the
Calvary triptych atop the lacy wrought-iron rood screen is close
enough.

Here's the outside crucifix...photo posted on Flickr by a guy from Milwaukee...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wrokic/5898477754

And a view of the rood...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27815318@N05/3139616576

--