[Magdalen] Feeling flu-ey. I'm sure it's a passing phase.

James Handsfield jhandsfield at icloud.com
Wed Dec 31 14:50:28 UTC 2014

Social Security benefit is based on the amount paid in with taxes (FICA), and it’s largely a lump sum (there’s a little leeway for cost of living adjustments).  The amount you get per month is calculated from the time you start until your 88th birthday.  The extra 8% is to cover that amount - it really isn’t extra, it’s just a recalculation of the monthly benefit.

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net