[Magdalen] Conservatives Chafe Under Francis

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:46:56 UTC 2014

Hey, if a putative president sleeps through cabinet meetings, he's going to
get a reaction, and it has nothing to do with his politics.
When someone talks about putting food on your family, that has nothing to
do with politics; it has to do with him being a bozo who had no business
being in the oval office. And that puts him in a class with me and a lot of
other folks, but he just never got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2IdZSuP0kA

While I disagreed with his utterly discredited economics, I agreed with
Democrat Ed Koch's assessment.  We all liked him as a man; he was not a
competent president. Had he lived near me, I'm sure we would have been
visiting each other all the time.

Obama is quite different. Despite all efforts to destroy anything he tries
to do, he still manages.
http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/

I personally never demanded respect for the President, and wouldn't support
anyone who did.

Respect must be earned, something the President has done repeatedly.

And of course, many who oppose the President will not change, no matter
what. This is acted out daily by our putative representatives in Washington
who devote their efforts to kneecapping the President rather
than benefiting our country. It goes beyond those who oppose the President
because he is black (oh how they chafe and complain whenever that point is
brought up -- "some of my best friends"), although there certainly are
those.

I think it is sort of the feeling of outrage, "Dannit, I paid for that
office, fair and square, and now you gave it to the guy who got the most
votes? That's just not right!"

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente