[Magdalen] Tom Magliozzi, RIP

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 4 04:37:19 UTC 2014

IN Atlanta back in the day Karl Haas was on  in the evening--I think at 8PM
before the 9PM Symphony slot and before the 8:55 feature on today in
music--that feature lasted longer than Dr Haas but it disappeared with the
replacement that now airs from 1 to 3 in the afternoon ( I can't think of
the name). Garrison Kielor's Poetry break still airs at 10:55 AM, but the
similar music item is gone. In ATL there is classical music Thru the Night
OR H Johnson Jazz after the Symphony until 5AM; then Lois Reitzes Second
Cup airs form 9 to Noon, then John Lumley at Noon and he is the announcer
for that other program that airs form 1 to 3 Then it's news or talk radio
until 7 or 8 and classical after 8 or 9. The only talk radio shows that I
don't completely appreciate are the ones after 2PM on Sundays except for
Ira Glass. On Sundays
Michael Barone's organ program still is on, but Angela Mariani and others,
including John Lumley's choral feature is gone.

Joe