[Magdalen] Google today! 25th anniversary of the Berlin Wall brought down

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 05:30:22 UTC 2014

When my high-school German classmates and I peered over the wall from a tourist area near Checkpoint Charlie, in 1977, none of us nor our tour guide expected the wall to come down in our lifetimes. I remember when it happened, it all went so fast.

And now the Chancellor of all of Germany is a woman who grew up in the DDR. Never could have imagined that back then. A woman, yes, but not an East German.

Sent from my iPad