[Magdalen] Safely home

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 9 23:37:44 UTC 2014

I landed back safely in England Friday morning after another enjoyable
trip to the USA.  Touchdown was ahead of schedule, but would have been
earlier still had it not been for congestion at Heathrow necessitating a
loop around.  I did manage to remember how to drive a stick-shift car
but the temperature and the price of gas were unwelcome.  The latter had
continued to fall while I was away but 1.209 GBP (about $2) a litre is
very cheap here even if expensive by US standards.

Having just got back my thoughts are naturally turning to "where
next?".  I am thinking of November 2015 so I would think not too far
North but I am aware that there is a vast chunk of the USA I have not
yet been to which hold new delights to explore.  I need to come up with
a tentative itineraru before I visit my travel agent to organize it.

Roger