[Magdalen] Safely home

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Nov 10 16:07:39 UTC 2014

In a message dated 11/10/2014 8:58:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

<<<As we were driving from VA to TN for the gem show last  Wednesday we
passed
a caravan of 7 RVs with Quebec license plates (most  towing small cars)
heading southward. S/O commented, "It looks like we've  been caught up in
the annual migration of the  snowbirds.">>>
Indeed, I-81 is jammed this time of the year with the Quebecois  heading
to warmer climes   New York State isn't far behind.

<<<A little further on we passed a
smaller group of 3  with Florida plates. I pointed them out and asked what
we should call them,  and he snorted and said, "Hypocrites!" I suppose those
are the folks that  go north for the summer and then head back south as
winter  approaches.>>>

This is very common here, and even for people of very ordinary  means.
There
are the RV's, of course,  but many of them have apartments/rooms that  they
rent during the high season (November - April).  They seem to keep  their
homes
here in NE Pennsylvania for use during the summer months.  Aversion of  the
winter driving is very strong.

David Strang.