[Magdalen] 2015

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Nov 10 18:04:26 UTC 2014

There is much that I would have done differently with my vacation  time
looking at it hindsight.

Not that I didn't enjoy my time there, but I made some 40 trips to  Europe
in as many years.  This was mostly spent in Germany, France, and  Britain,
though there were loops in Spain and Portugal, Scandinavia, and  Italy.

Then there were trips to Japan/Korea.

I would rather have spent more of my time exploring North America.  I  have
subsequently done some exploring in Washington State, Idaho and  Montana,
Utah, and, especially in California and Arizona.  There is so much to  see!

No amount of reading and looking at pictures can prepare one for the
actual thing at, say, the Grand Canyon or Monument Valley.  Ditto  for
Zion and Bryce, and Yosemite.  Glacier Park, for me, is in its  own
special category.

In any case, go to these places if you can!

David Strang - Major, United States Army Medical Corps Europe - Ret.
                       (On the occasion of Veterans Day).