[Magdalen] Veteran's Day

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:16:24 UTC 2014

My wife's chapter of the DAR went to our local veteran's hospital and
visited. I came along as driver and vet, wore my desert storm cap.

It was a truly good experience, if also heart-breaking.  A few of the vets
sat/lay unresponsive in their wheelchairs, and I tried to say a few words
to them anyway, thanking them for their service.  It's not so easy for me
nowadays to squat down, but I'm in so much better shape than these guys, I
had no reason to complain.

A few of the guys were quite with it, and we sat and chatted a while.  I
think we all left with a feeling of wishing we could do more.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente