[Magdalen] Francis, et al

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 21:30:23 UTC 2014

In a message dated 11/14/2014 2:41:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
revegger at gmail.com writes:

>From the  National Catholic Reporter, via my  sister:
http://ncronline.org/blogs/distinctly-catholic/recapping-usccb-mtg

​Interesting  reading.​

+++
Grace &  peace,
jon>>>

I received a small newspaper in the mail yesterday.  It was called
something
like "Family Catholic Journal".  The lead article on page one caught  my eye
immediately.  It was a summary of an interview with the conservative
Cardinal
Burke.  If he actually made these criticisms of Francis I and his
policies, it is
nothing more than shocking.  For starters he accused Francis of "doing  much
harm to the Church", and it went downhill from that.

He also dispelled the idea that his recent Vatican reassignments were a
normal
"lateral" move and readjustment, and admitted that he has been  downright
demoted for his conservative views.

I looked carefully at this little newspaper, and although it didn't claim
any
direct association, it may well be loosely associated with the  break-away
Society of Pius X.  If so, their reporting might have a strong  bias.

Still, it shows that it is not only some bishops who are uncomfortable  with
Francis.  Conservative laity are, too.

David Strang.