[Magdalen] California drought

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 15:52:04 UTC 2014

In a message dated 11/17/2014 9:11:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

I know,  and we don't.  I have no idea how this thread got so wrong-headed
so  fast.  We're not an ag monoculture.  Wikipedia is your  friend.>>>>
Considering the drought, I've thought it remarkable that the California
dairy
business continues to survive as well as it has.  At least that's the
impression
I get from heavy advertising for California products we see here in
Pennsylvania.

I would think the pastures would be all dried up and purchasing hay  hauled
in from elsewhere is very expensive.  Apparently not.

Buying cheese, etc. from California here in the NE USA seems a bit of
the proverbial coals to Newcastle, with all the fine products of  upstate
New York, and additional contribution to the embarrass de richesses
via the many Midwestern producers.

I worry about the remarkable and unique forests of California.  I  get
terrified seeing 100' Ponderosa Pines go up like a torch in these  fires.
And how are the precious Sequoias doing?

David Strang.