[Magdalen] Advent is coming!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 19:12:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> I'll always think back during Advent to the passing of Paul Manz,  saintly
> Lutheran layman, musician, and composer of my favorite Advent anthem,
> "E'en So Lord Jesus Quickly Come".

I'm afraid that one's worn out for me. A few too many renditions heard
with a bit of a screech at the top of the most intense bit. Not that I
could do better, but when this anthem comes up in Lessons and Carols
or a Mass, I tend to regard it as an ordeal. Same goes for the Biebl
Angelus Domini/Ave Maria, but that one's problem is that it's sung all
the way through three times. Made me cry the first time I heard it,
now I've "been there and done that."

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA