[Magdalen] Christ, the King

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 17:46:46 UTC 2014

In a message dated 11/20/2014 12:22:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

In a  sermon I actually gave more than once <gasp!> for Christ the King
Sunday, I began with the statement, "This king broke all the rules..."
I  may use that opening again this time.>>>>

While the concept of Christ the King is biblical, and I'm quite sure
a sermon along the lines you describe, will be a good one, it is,
nonetheless
interesting to review the strange politico-religious intrigues that are  the
actual basis for the observance, which began with the establishment  of
the Feast of Christ the King in 1925 in the Roman Catholic Church:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_Christ_the_King

David Strang.