[Magdalen] Christ, the King

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 01:12:17 UTC 2014

We are a post-enlightenment people living in a post-enlightenment
country, We own our own bodies.

If you stand back and look at our history, you see that concept
affirmed by the Constitution and hundreds of follow-up challenges.
The RC church in the US trips over this all the time because they
only partially comprehend it.

OTOH, in a time when the king ruled absolutely, Jesus as a substitute
king, a king with more power and validity, the Real King, must have
seemed like a radical (and subversive) concept.
-M