[Magdalen] Nature goes tee hee

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 17:54:30 UTC 2014

I get out as a form of exercise and blow leaves. It is a wonderful activity
to make one feel you have accomplished something. Our leaves come down in
stages, and it is simpler to blow them off periodically, rather than
waiting for everything to be done, and have an immovable mass to deal with.
So I have cleared my yard a couple of times already.
At this point, most of the leaves are down.
We have become very aware of a major concern about leaves.
A few leaves (less than a dozen will do it) can be on the ground near our
front door, and when someone enters or leaves the house, the eddies pick
these leaves up and one or two will be carried into the house. A wonderful
demonstration of stochastic processes, eh?  Max, a beautiful bi-color (the
Oriental name is Black-clouds-over-snow. Isn't that lovely?), will wander
around and in the course of his travels, he will see this NEW THING on the
floor.
Now we all know what we do when we find a new thing; we eat it. So of
course Max eats it.  A short time later, poor Max is, shall we say,
whooping it up elsewhere in the house.
So we now have a strong desire to prevent those leaves from entering the
house, out of comfort concerns for Max.
Yesterday, I put on multiple layers and went out to blow leaves, and of
course made sure to clear the area in front of our front door, then went on
to do most of the front yard and portions of the back yard.  After I was
done, returning to the front door, I found a good half dozen leaves just
outside the front door.
I looked around and confirmed my suspicions: All the trees were essentially
bare.
Then I thought again. I looked again, but this time, straight up.  Way up
above me towered one of our tallest trees, and sure enough, it still had
some leaves on it.
Waiting for me to clear the front door area...

Too funny!  Maybe a hundred leaves left on that tree, and the nephilim come
right in front of our front door, waiting for a chance to be carried
inside, where they will get a chance to intrigue our very easily intrigued
Max.

*Nephilim = Hebrew for "fallen ones"

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente