[Magdalen] Nature goes tee hee

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:39:28 UTC 2014

The street I grew up on in Madison, WI was 2 blocks long and had a canopy
of elms. When Dutch elm disease arrived they were cut down and maples
planted. We visited in the 1980s and those maples were still fairly young,
but when we came back again in 2001 they had grown and were almost a canopy
over the street again. Thank goodness they were not silver maples, which
are a trash tree IMO.