[Magdalen] Nature goes tee hee

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:29:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 8:27 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> I did observe that the British Isles, which had been spared the  earlier
> destruction
> seen on the continent of Europe, lost its elms in the 1970's about the  same
> time as the disease was rampant in the Upper Midwest USA.

Lakefield Drive in Milwaukee, where my maternal grandparents lived,
was always leafy and shaded by a canopy of elms...until one summer
when we arrived for a visit and the elms were gone. The street looked
(and still looks) so open and a little barren now in comparison; I
can't imagine what it must have been like to be there when the trees
were removed.

Scott, whose parish church is at La Salle and Elm.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA