[Magdalen] Christ, the King

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 22:11:45 UTC 2014

I just posted something to the Julian Affiliates about this.  I'm not sure
that in the US we have any adequate models of king, Elvis was mentioned and
I think of Burger King.  When we thought of the church as expansive and
bring Christendom to every corner of the globe, king might have worked.
Perhaps, I only speaking personally, king is an image that just does not
work for me.  That said, I will be singing "Jesus shall reign where e'er
the sun" with gusto tomorrow.  My devotional practice does not always
coincide with my theology.  And that's OK with me.
Judy

--
Judy Fleener, ObJN
Western Michigan