[Magdalen] From our bishop

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 20:22:28 UTC 2014

good words
+++
Grace & peace,
jon

Brothers and Sisters,

Word has just been released that the decision of the Grand Jury in
Ferguson, MO is expected this afternoon.  As I hope you know, this jury has
been deliberating in the case of Officer Darren Wilson, who was involved in
the shooting of Michael Brown.  The decision on whether Officer Wilson will
be charged with a crime, and what those charges might be, is imminent.

Please take a moment, personally, to be in prayer and to call your people
(any way you can) to join you in prayer for the community of Ferguson and
greater St. Louis.  Mass demonstrations are expected, which – it is feared
and believed – may lead to violent outbursts.  Let our prayers be for the
peace and reconciliation of those directly involved and those who may be
affected by this volatile situation.

May the peace of Christ be with them.

Blessings to you,

+Bishop Marty