[Magdalen] Who'd a Tnunk it?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:23:15 UTC 2014

The high-church ELCA place here in Chicago is also of German heritage;
just a few years ago they ended (sadly) their weekly 9 a.m. German
Gottesdienst. I suspect that community had dwindled. But the church as
a whole is lively and large. They have something that looks like a
Solemn Mass every Sunday (mainly because of how the pastor, assisting
minister, and "subdeacon" vest), and when I visited and chatted with a
few pew neighbors afterward, several said, in hushed tones, that they
sometimes visit us at Ascension for Evensong and Benediction. :) I
assured them I wouldn't tell on them!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA