[Magdalen] tomorrow's menu

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 23:32:54 UTC 2014

Very easy!

Saute chopped onion in olive oil (sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt).
You can use pancetta or a slice of bacon instead of olive oil if you
prefer. If so, omit the salt.
Add a quart of stock (I used half chicken half water, but beef or vegetable
would be fine).
Add two peeled sweet potatoes, cut in chunks.
Add one jalapeno pepper minced (seeds & ribs removed).Or use two :-)
Add one bay leaf.
Simmer until potatoes are soft.
Remove bay leaf, process with immersion blender.
Correct seasonings.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil or a tsp of sherry vinegar.

Reheats fine in the microwave.