[Magdalen] Prayers, for me, and Dawn

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 10:42:19 UTC 2014

I guess there are pictures and then there are Pictures.  You might regret
tossing all of them, although I can imagine how hard it is to go through
them and pick those that are worth saving, and the horrid depression that
keeps coming at you as you confront this reminder that we all must die and
all of our stuff eventually will be trashed by someone who knows nothing
about it and cares not a bit.

Perhaps your best solution is to point out the specific square footage she
has for her stuff, period. If she knows it's a set amount of space, that's
it.  When you start to unpack, and there's not any more room in her space
(and, no, she doesn't get to commandeer yours) then she has to fix it. You
don't. No point in arguing about it, because it's the space, not your
preferences, she has to answer to.  If she packs a bunch of stuff for which
there's no room, well, she has to deal with it; you don't.

The arguments start when you try to "help" the person to "see" what so
obviously, to you, "needs" to be done.  They see it fine; they just resist
dealing with it.  Your best course is to take care of your own stuff and
leave her alone to take care of her stuff.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente