[Magdalen] Michigan football finals=great team names

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Nov 29 17:01:50 UTC 2014

In a message dated 11/29/2014 11:03:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
fleenerj at gmail.com writes:

Watching  the Ishpeming Hematites

--
Judy Fleener, ObJN
Western  Michigan>>>>

I understand that the school song for Ontonagon, Michigan is
to the tune of "On Wisconsin" (the "best school song" - Souza)
and begins with "Ontonagon, Ontonagon, plunge right through that
line."

Oh well, there's nothing new about high schools preempting college
songs as their own.  My high school borrowed the "Illinois Fight  Song",
of UI-Champaign-Urbana.  I always have thought that tune just a
little wimpy.

High schools also copy uniforms/symbols.  The nearby
high school in Williamsport, PA (of Little League fame) uses the
stylized supposedly copyrighted "W" of UW-Madison and in the same
cardinal and white uniforms/helmets.  I do a double take when I  see
them reported on local TV.

David S.