[Magdalen] Prayers, for me, and Dawn

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 19:27:09 UTC 2014

I am a Miserable Offender, because my mother's wallet is still in a cubby
in my desk. I also have my grandmother's handwritten receipt book
(Old New England for "cookbook"), which includes receipts for making
mustard plaster, drawing salves, and several other home remedies.
As well as piecrusts, rabbit pie, and a chocolate-stained page with
a brownie recipe.

The cookbook is headed for the Schleisinger library, which has agreed
to take it once I can let it go.

My grandmother's photograph album from the parades at the end of
the Russo-Japanese War (the Treaty of Portsmouth) and the return of
the prisoners after the Spanish American War (she was given to crying
"Remember the Maine!" during Memorial Day ceremonies)  went to the
Athenaeum to document what the downtown & waterfront looked like
back then. The Athenaeum scanned them and they're now available
online. Which beats the pants off having them in a box in the attic.

So maybe scanning is a solution that would preserve your photos?

 https://www.flickr.com/photos/nlmichaud/
-M