[Magdalen] GTS

Raewynne Whiteley raewynne1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:46:34 PDT 2014

I think a significant issue here was that the change of worship from the
prior pattern meant a change of class times as well, which in combination
wit things like daycare schedule (at the seminary daycare) means that it
would be very difficult for the seminarians to find a time that would work
for them to do it in community,

I have no strong association with GTS, but I have t admit that I was
concerned when we received an email at the church address from the seminary
defending the Trustees' perspective.  We happen to be in the same area
(suburban NY) but this parish does not provide financial support - so we
are really outsiders.  I think it was inappropriate to broadcast this, and
reflected poorly on the trustees and seminary administration.  Better would
have been something like "You may have heard about some difficulties
currently being experienced at GTS.  Please keep the students, faculty,
staff, dean and trustees in your prayers."

Raewynne