[Magdalen] USA Supreme Court Declines.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 6 12:42:05 PDT 2014

>>>As long as there's no adverse ruling anywhere, things should move along. Watch
out for the Fifth Circuit, though.<<<

If, as is being hinted, though, if any particular Circuit were to uphold a state ban, the issue as a whole would have to be taken up by SCOTUS, -- would that be generally seen as a good thing or a bad thing?  Remembering Bader Ginsburg's comment recently about how Roe v Wade's cut-and-dried nature potentially having been the reason for today's abortion controversies (rather than having it wend its way through the states as same-sex marriage is doing), I'm tending, for the moment, to lean toward full same-sex marriage SCOTUS treatment as a bad thing.