[Magdalen] USA Supreme Court Declines.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Oct 6 14:21:09 PDT 2014

From: M J [Mike] Logsdon

>generally seen as a good thing or a bad thing?  Remembering Bader Ginsburg's
>comment recently about how Roe v Wade's cut-and-dried nature potentially
> >having been the reason for today's abortion controversies (rather than having
>it wend its way through the states as same-sex marriage is doing), I'm tending,
> >for the moment, to lean toward full same-sex marriage SCOTUS treatment as a
>bad thing.

But that's not exactly what happened with RoevWade. 22 (or was it 26?) states
had either passed or were considering abortion legislation -- more legislatures
than have been involved in Marriage Equality.

And two of the largest states -- California and New York had both abolished
anti-abortion laws by then.

The narrative of the Supreme Court suddenly changing everything is not exactly
accurate.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie