[Magdalen] Lambeth 2018

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:25:20 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Roger Stokes
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby has responded to inaccurate media
> reports that the Lambeth Conference had been cancelled by saying, "As it
> hasn’t been called, it can’t have been cancelled".

Hey, I was right, for once. :) Seemed to me that Lambeth Conferences
cannot be assumed to be scheduled every 10 years, even though they
have done so for many decades in the past. A Lambeth Conference isn't
on unless the ABC says it's on, and one isn't on for 2018. Maybe there
will be one in a year near that one, or not until 2028, or something,
but there's nothing to cancel.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA