[Magdalen] Mom update (Elicits "Whew!").

Lynn Ronkainen ichthys89 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 19:04:34 UTC 2014

my mother's incessant falling was *finally* after 18 months and 3
neurologists and being put on meds, taken off other meds, diagnosed as
extreme peripheral neuropathy (possibly from years of statin use... more
coming out on this since 2007 when she was diagnosed).  She tended to fall
backwards and that led to so many 'false' leads. It took a young Vietnamese
neurologist to give her a thorough exam by 'pricking her legs' while she was
hooked up to a machine, to diagnose.  Her legs/feet were amazingly numb.
Even in recent years, her 'regular' neurologist  would 'test' her while she
is looking at the pin... (he never seemed to remember her health status or
that probably *anyone* should be looking away during these kind of tests to
prevent visual assent to the prick, rather than true feeling, or not of the
prick... my opinion).

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

Thomas Merton writes, “People may spend their whole lives climbing the
ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is
leaning against the wrong wall.”

"What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi