[Magdalen] Small prayer request

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 00:04:26 UTC 2014

There apparently is life after a lost passport.  I was chatting, with the
head tour guide during our visit to Russia, about the risks of theft (esp.
pickpockets) in traveling, and, after gently reminding me of the hazards in
the good old USA, she mentioned that in her career as a tour guide, she has
lost her passport fourteen times. She said it with her inimitable "oh well"
placid demeanor. ("it usually was over a weekend, when the embassies are
closed," she added, with just a trace of irritation)

I just read a great tip, just in case things do not unfold as they should:
if there is a problem, immediately contact your congress-individual.  They
are accustomed to this sort of thing, and get it sorted out very quickly
(relatively speaking)

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente