[Magdalen] permission to die with dignity

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 22:03:00 UTC 2014

There was a case fairly recently, I think in Pennsylvania(?), where a woman
was charged with murder because she *handed her grandfather his bottle of
morphine pills* when he asked for them. Nothing more. She didn't open the
bottle, count them out, give him the individual pills, or anything of that
nature. She gave him the pills, and apparently left the room. He took an
overdose and died. The over-zealous DA decided to put a notch in his belt
by charging her with murder for handing him the bottle. Fortunately the
jury didn't see it his way and found her not guilty. In other states which
are dominated by more rigid and highly moralistic church groups that might
not have happened.