[Magdalen] My announcement (was Quick prayer request)

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 16 17:43:14 UTC 2014

Kristin,

When you first asked for our prayers over your situation I thought it
was about more than resigning your present position and that who you are
was at the root of it.  My prayers that your coming out proceeds smoothly.

On a related issue it was our Beer Festival last week and I remember
serving somebody a couple of years ago who was clearly a man in the
early stages of transition to woman, dressed and presenting as female
but with clealry male features and looks.  By last year there was a
clear change in how she looked, sufficient to need a check, which was
provided by the Adam's Apple.  Last week she was clearly at ease in her
persona and the treatment has had a very marked effect.  Her hair would
have been the envy of many a natural-born woman.

This is not an easy step to have taken and it shows great courage.

Roger