[Magdalen] more prayer requests

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 23:57:04 UTC 2014

My longtime friend Polly's sister-in-law has had a similar happenstance to
our listsib Eleanor's. Gale went into the hospital for what was expected to
be a reasonably routine hysterectomy for suspected cancer...except the
cancer turned out to be in her intestine, so they removed a foot or so of
what my daughter always refers to as "chitlins" and she has now been
diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She starts chemo next week. Family is
stunned. Your prayers are requested.

I also ask your prayers for the soul of old friend and true renaissance
woman Cookie Boulware Martin Smith. I'd call her by her birth name, but I
don't think anyone but the Bureau of Vital Statistics and her mother ever
knew her as Philomena. Madison, Wisconsin is a richer place for having
known her and will be a poorer one without her. She was one of a kind.