[Magdalen] This morning's lesson

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 18:05:29 UTC 2014

Guest preacher & celebrant:
http://www.bu.edu/religion/faculty/bios/eckel/

Have heard him preach on the Collects before. Fabulous. This
morning it was the face of God and Melville's Tail of a Whale.
Makes me want to go back to school to study with him.

Dissect him how I may, then, I but go skin deep; I know him not, and never
will. But if I know not even the tail of this whale, how understand his
head? much more, how comprehend his face, when face he has none? Thou shalt
see my back parts, my tail, he seems to say, but my face shall not be seen.
But I cannot completely make out his back parts; and hint what he will
about his face, I say again he has no face.

They are going to have to drag me out of this town feet first.
-M