[Magdalen] This morning's lesson

Robert Rea gapetard at stsams.org
Sun Oct 19 18:25:28 UTC 2014

On Sunday, October 19, 2014 02:05:29 PM ME Michaud wrote:
> Guest preacher & celebrant:
> http://www.bu.edu/religion/faculty/bios/eckel/
>
> Have heard him preach on the Collects before. Fabulous. This
> morning it was the face of God and Melville's Tail of a Whale.
> Makes me want to go back to school to study with him.

Oh, I adore him. I took his course in the history of buddhism in India and
Tibet at Harvard Div School. He is a spellbinding lecturer, perhaps too much
so. I often forgot to take notes; it stayed with me anyway.

--
Bob Rea
mailto:gapetard at stsams.org
http://www.petard.us
http://www.petard.us/blog
http://www.petard.us/gallery

America, it was a wonderful country
        until they took it private
        and turned it into a theme park of itself