[Magdalen] This morning's lesson

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Oct 19 19:08:43 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/19/2014 2:05:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

Have  heard him preach on the Collects before.  Fabulous>>>

I've never heard of, or just heard a sermon on the Collect for the  day.

It's an unusual choice, and I'm sure could be very interesting.

Re:  Collects:

It has struck me that there has been a marked movement in the
RCC away from the traditional liturgical names for the parts of the
Liturgy.  For example, the church music people always refer to
the "Holy, Holy, Holy" instead of the Sanctus.  Ditto "Lamb of  God"
for the Agnus Dei.  Anglicans are more likely to use the older  terms.

Years ago I had a short conversation with a Roman priest about the Collect
for
the day, and it was obvious that he did not understand what I meant
until I translated it into the "Opening Prayer" of the day.

David Strang.