[Magdalen] This morning's lesson

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 20:53:23 UTC 2014

Not the Collect (although I've heard the Collect re-read and expanded
upon in sermons),
but the Collects (as the work of Cranmer).

I remember that when he began to describe Cranmer's martyrdom,
he held his hand out toward us, and the eyes of the teenagers in
the congregation (and the eyes of the few of the adults) grew big
and round and you could have heard a pin drop.

A truly memorable sermon.
-M