[Magdalen] Prayers for my sister Beth

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 00:11:40 UTC 2014

This is truly weird, I think, and frightening.

My sister began having pain in her wrist 10 days ago.  She tried to ignore
it for a few days, and she wore a brace.  The pain increased, and she saw
her primary care physician five days ago, was given a shot of toradol and
another of prednisone. She was told to take Aleve.  Within 10-12 hours
these pain meds lost their effect.  Beth could not turn her hand at all
without excruciating pain.  She went to the ER where an x-ray was done.  No
fracture and she was told to call an orthopaedist the next day.  This past
Thursday, she saw the orthopaedist's PA who told Beth there is a mass in
her wrist (not a ganglion cyst) - that runs up the from the inside of the
small finger side into the tissue on the bottom of her hand.  She was
prescribed Mobic but it did not help much.  So, yesterday my other sister
and I took her 800 mg Motrin and demerol left over from my foot
surgery...arriest us.  She has a bit of relief with the Motrin and was able
to sleep 3 hours with a bedtime demorol.  BUT, overnight a bump the size of
a small peanut iin the shell popped out at the bottom of her hand where it
connects to the wrist.  The excruciating pain continues.  I will take her
tomorrow morning to see a PA in a hand surgeon's office.  She will have an
MRI at some point.

If you've read all this and have a clue, I would appreciate it.  Neuroma,
sarcoma, ???.

Please pray that her pain can be alleviated and a clear diagnosis will be
made.

Thanks,
Ginga, worried big sister