[Magdalen] New Texas Law Would Require Candidates for Governor to Show Proof of I.Q. - The New Yorker

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:38:11 UTC 2014

*coffee on monitor*

In a battle of wits between some Texas politicians and a number of
invertebrate life forms I can think of, the invertebrates would surely win.
Whenever I see a report of something Louie Gohmert has said, I'm reminded
of something the late Howard Baker said to one of the minor, but colorful
figures in the Watergate conspiracy (whose name escapes me at the moment,
Tony something---he was a bagman for the burglars). "Mr. ____, who thought
you up?"