[Magdalen] gas prices?

Lynn Ronkainen ichthys89 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 15:41:04 UTC 2014

From: "Lesley de Voil" <lesleymdv at gmail.com>
> I read today that Saudi Arabia is apparently flooding the market
> enough to make prices go down significantly, so that those militants
> who have taken over Iraq oilfields will not get as much money as they
> had hoped. I thought this was usually classed as cutting off one's
> nose to spite one's face.

well, the Saudis have not rushed to 'send troops', so perhaps they're doing
what they can....

OTOH, oil prices dropping will have global impact, most of it not good.  Gas
gets cheaper for us, but the lifeblood of forward progress in the oil
industry is the value of trying new things.  Fracking, for instance, is
expensive enough that many proposed projects may slow or stop is there is a
downturn... just as LNG (liquid natural gas) work, hot and heavy for a
decade, slowed down tremendously when other means of finding cheap natural
gas  in the USA appeared.  It IS all about spending money to make money, and
not the person on the street...

on another hand... the Saudis have such an interesting social structure and
governance, I don't think spiting their faces  even comes into play... AND
by doing this they have suddenly become BIG PLAYERS on the world scene again
after several year's run of other countries and other oil producing projects
taking the limelight.

.02ingly
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

Thomas Merton writes, "People may spend their whole lives climbing the
ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is
leaning against the wrong wall."

"What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi